Finding the right wig style has much to do with the shape of your face. Look into the mirror to determine your shape. The ideal shape is oval but our CD/TG friends more often have a square face. Fortunately, there are wigs to flatter any kind of face!
Triangle – Choose a wig that adds fullness at the chin line and avoid wigs that add volume at the sides. Bob styles may work well for you.
Oval – Congratulations, you’ve pretty much won the lottery and a few of your friends probably hate you for it. You have an ideal face shape and can wear nearly any wig style, especially off-the-face styles that show off your perfection.
Round – Choose wig styles that add fullness and height to the crown.
Square – Most of our CD/TG friends have square face shapes. Look for wigs that elongate the face with wispy bangs or off-center parts. Avoid straight bangs and center parts. Choose wigs with layers and wisps to soften the face. We try to stock many wigs just for someone like you!
If you want to play it safe, pick a wig color that’s similar to your natural hair. Chances are very high that it will look natural on you! If you wish to change your hair color then you should consider your skin tone.
Warm Skin Tones – Do you have yellow, gold, red or peach undertones? Look at the veins in your wrist. Are they blue or purple? Do your eyes have gold specks? Do you look better with silver jewelry as opposed to gold? If so, then you have a warm skin tone. Consider a dark brown, golden brown and chestnut colors. You may also consider auburn and reds. For contrast, look for cool highlights.
Cool Skin Tones- Do you have pink and olive undertones? Do your veins look green? Do your eyes have blue or green specks? Do you look better in gold jewelry? If so, then you have a warm skin tone. Consider blacks and browns. If you have light skin, you may also consider blondes. For contrast, look for wigs with warm highlights.
- Gently remove tangles with fingers or pick comb. Do not brush.
- Fill a clean sink or basin with cool water and add wig shampoo.
- Soak for 5 minutes and rinse thoroughly in cool water until all shampoo is removed. Do not rub.
- Dab gently with a towel to remove excess water. Do not squeeze or twist.
- Do not brush or comb while wet as it may stretch the fibers. Do not place on a solid head stand while wet or it may strtch the cap.
- Hang to air dry or use a blow dryer on a low setting.
Wig Caps – Try wearing a wig cap to prevent your natural hair from popping into view.
Lace Front – Some wigs feature a fine mesh that may be bonded to the hairline with wig tape or adhesive. If you like to put your hair back, a lace front wig will provide a realistic hairline.
Styling – Our wigs are pre-styled. It is usually sufficient to remove tangles with your fingers and to gently shake the wig to fluff out the style. For minor adjustments, spray the wig with water and work it with your fingers. Wig-safe moose may be used for more aggressive styling. When you are happy with your hair, you can use wig spray to hold the style. Warning: Do not use products formulated for human hair.
Hairdo Long with Layers wig
Wig styling brush$5.00
Hairdo Midnight Berry wig
Hairdo Whiteout wig
Hairdo Lilac Frost wig
Gabor Sincerity wig
Gabor Devotion Wig
- Inside “hidden” weft for a natural hairline
- Wide velvet Comfort Band™ for added security from slippage and to prevent friction
- Open ear tabs and open extended nape
- Ultra thin adjusters at the nape for personalized fit
- Offered by Gabor